Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The first time...

This is the story of how we met... the first time... kinda cute. Originally posted Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The hubs.... cute story

So.... My husband and I are both from the same very small county... We knew all of the same people and my closest friends from soda were some of his closest friends. Anyway... so we thought that there must have been sometime that we had met and I had a faded mem0ry of a nerdy blonde kid that I had danced with at some dance... a long time ago and he had said that he had a faint memory of a skinny girl with braces that he had danced with at some dance a long time ago. We had it narrowed down to where we think that we may have met at a New Year's Eve dance in Soda Springs but there was really no way of confirming it so we just left it at that. So we were at my parents house last weekend when I looked up and in the back of the bookshelf there is my journal from Highschool/first year of college. I was a really good journal writer and thought that maybe I had written about that dance. I start flipping through the first couple of pages and my husband points out his name. I SLAMMED the book shut. I had NO idea what I wrote about him! I finally pryed it away and it said, ... "So shanalee asked my if I would dance with this kid named Ivan. When I asked him why he chose me to dance with he said that when he walked into the dance that he told his friend Matt (my hubs) that he wanted to dance with the prettiest girl at the dance and that Matt said that it was me. It made my night! Now 6 years later we are married... crazy huh? Just thought that I'd share.

Love,
The Prettiest girl at the dance

No comments: