Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BUS-TED!!!

At approx. 22 hundred hours (10pm) I was driving south bound down Poleline road when a blue impala didn't stop at the stop sign and pulled right out in front of me. I had just been enjoying a relaxing evening with my BFF at Wal-Mart (AKA Hell) and was driving home when I came in contact with this mysterious vehicled. She pulled out in front of me and I slammed on the breaks and she stayed in the middle of the road and didn't move... WTF? We get the the eldrege light and she stopped at the green light... interesting thought I. By the time we were about to turn into my road she was swerving and going 20mph then speeding up to 50mph. For those of you who know where I live you know that's really not that far to make this assesment. So by this time we were pretty sure that she was drunk. Val and I decided to follow her while I called the Pocatello Police. I gave them a description and license plate #. I followed her through nearly running red lights, stopping at green ones. Never using a turn signal and weaving across 2-3 lanes of traffic. We really wanted to see her get arrested so we kept following her until the road splits into 4th and 5th. She is in the right lane and goes clear across the lanes and turns left. We lost her because we couldn't stop as irrationally as she did. We went up a few blocks and turned around to go back home and hopefully find her. As we were about to give up hope we looked at the Police Department/City hall/liquor store parking lot. IT was all but abandoned except for...... THE BLUE IMPALA! I could not beleive it. The woman exited the car and stumbled toward the liquor store (which was long since closed) she looked through the window, pulled on the door walked to the other window, looked in, pulled on the door again... are you kidding me? By this time we cannot beleive that a drunk driver decides to get MORE booze RIGHT next to the cop shop... SERIOUSLY???? So I immediately call dispatch again and tell them that the drunk driver that I had called in on was now trying to satisfy her need for more drunkeness and break into the liquor store.... I was laughing so hard. She got back into her car just in time for the police to show up... We cirlcled the block for a good 20 minutes and watched the whole ordeal. By the time it was over the drunken-breaking-into-the-liquor-stroe-at-the-cop-shop woman had been detained and 2 other officers were at the scene. It was AWESOME!!! I feel like Val and I really did our civic duty. Citizens of Pocatello, you may rest in peace knowing that there is one less drunk driver on the road!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Kaci said...

Okay- this is the first time that my blog has shown that you updated. I have not seen any of these!!!! I thought you were holding out on me- the last one that I saw was back in December! So I had some reading to catch up on, I love the drunk driver, that is awesome, I cried (yes at work) when I read the baby one, Brooklyn is freaking hilarious, the BYU one.... that's disgusting, and now I'm going to be paranoid about buying fast food- those overcharging suckers! Phewwww..... That was a lot- I love them! I wonder what was wrong with my blog.